Dereenaraig Covid-19 Statement and policies
Your health, safety and security is our highest priority. Please take a moment to take note of how we are providing a safe environment to welcome our guests.
We ask you to act responsibly & in-line with current Government guidance.
Before you arrive …
To ensure that the Coronavirus is not brought up to the area, we are asking all guests to ensure that ALL of the following statements apply to them:
- None of your party have any of the symptoms of Coronavirus.
- None of your party are waiting for a Coronavirus test result to come back.
- None of your party have been advised to be tested or been in contact with anyone who has tested positive within 14 days of the arrival date.
- None of your party have travelled from an area or a country that has quarantine restrictions against it within 14 days of the arrival date
The early symptoms of Coronavirus (COVID-19) include:
- High temperature
- A new, continuous cough
- Loss or change to your sense of taste or smell
Cancellation/Termination Of Your Stay
If you have a booking with us and you are subject to any of the above and that is the specific reason for your cancellation we will re-book you for an appropriate future stay (at the current/future price point depending whichever is the higher of the two) or, if you prefer, cancel your booking and refund you in full.
If travel restrictions/tiers change while you are here meaning you have to return home, we will refund in full the days not stayed.
If you become symptomatic during your stay we ask that you self-isolate, let us know and get tested ASAP and if you test positive return home. We will provide a refund for the days cancelled minus a E50.00 deep clean charge.
If we need to cancel your booking due to local lock downs/tier changes/travel restrictions in our area, we will re-book you for an appropriate future stay (at the current/future price point depending whichever is the higher of the two) or, if you prefer, cancel your booking and refund you in full.
We will keep contact between our team and your party to a minimum. If anyone in our cleaning team tests positive during your stay then we will let you know and refund for days not stayed if you decide to return home.
Please note: all other general TERMS & CONDITIONS OF BOOKING in relation to your stay still apply (including if your cancellation is not related to Covid-19).
Keeping Your Stay Low Risk
We will keep all contact between our team and your party to a minimum.
We have a key safe & will send you your code a few days before arrival.
To ensure enough time for airing, cleaning and sanitising between stays, we have changed our check in time to 5pm. See below for our change over and cleaning procedure.
WHILE YOU ARE HERE:
We ask you to observe social distancing during your stay and bring your own face mask/gloves.
We will provide Hand Sanitiser at each entrance and we ask that you and all of your group use this upon entering the cottage. During your stay please remember to wash your hands, use hand sanitiser, sneeze and cough into tissues and dispose of them correctly. All surfaces should be kept clean and disinfected. Cleaning materials will be provided.
Spare bedding – our extra bedding is now stored securely. If you need heavier/lighter duvets or blankets while you are here please contact our manager and we will provide them while you are out.
Cleaning kit – we provide basic cleaning items in the cottage but if you wish to bring your trusted cleaning liquids, please feel free. We will thoroughly clean the cottage after every stay.
Contacting us – if you need anything during your stay please phone/email/text rather than visiting (unless it is urgent). We will do what we can to help (observing social distancing) & carry out maintenance/repairs/alterations or put in extra items while you are out.
Check out is 10.00am. Please leave the cottage clean and tidy and observe our Covid-19 check out list to keep risks low for all:
- windows – leave bedroom, bathroom, kitchen and lounge windows open
- laundry – strip bedding (including mattress & pillow protectors), bathroom towels (used & unused), bathroom rugs, kitchen hand/tea towels, dishcloth & oven glove & put in laundry bag (in laundry basket). Leave duvets & pillows on beds to air
- Kitchen – place all kitchen utensils, plates and pans in the dishwasher and turn on the dishwasher with a dishwasher tablet in the correct position
- rubbish – put all used bin bags in the rear utility room
- recycling – leave recycling box in the utility room
- personal belongings/food – please take all food, drink & personal belongings (including Welcome Pack milk and biscuits) home with you
- keys – pull door to & leave cottage keys in the key safe
THINGS WE HAVE HAD TO CHANGE:
To reduce risk and ensure we can effectively clean & sanitise between stays we have had to remove some non-essential items & change access to some facilities in our cottage.
Currently we cannot provide the following:
- extra cushions & throws on beds, tablecloths & cloth draught excluders
- non-perishable foodstuff
- puzzles, DVDs, CDs, books & games – please bring your own (we do provide local maps)
- nail brush & soap dish (in bathroom) – please bring your own
- bedside clocks/alarm clocks –most people have these on their phones, please bring your own if not
- shampoo, conditioner, bubble bath & shower gel – please bring your own
- specialised kitchen items (we have reduced kitchen kit to more basic items as we have to dishwash all items between stays)
- a Visitors Book – but you can review us/see guest reviews/recommendations on-line on Facebook at www.facebook.com/holidaycottagekerry
- Local guides and brochures
WHAT WE DO PROVIDE:
- Welcome pack & information – local jam or chutney, seasonal fruit or vegetables, coffee, tea, hot chocolate, milk, biscuits & enough dishwasher tablets for your stay – let us know if you would prefer not to receive a welcome pack.
- General items – bedding, towels, hairdryer, iron & ironing board, washing basket, high chair, torch, loo roll, kitchen towel, aluminium foil, cling film, washing up liquid, dishcloth, hand wash (& sanitiser), hand & tea towels, oven glove, CD & DVD player, Freeview TV, table mats, bathroom/loo/shower mats, shaving point/mirror.
- Kitchen kit – toaster, dishwasher, kettle, fridge, freezer, microwave, hob, oven, chopping boards, knives & cutlery, mugs, cups, plates, glasses, pots, pans, casserole & serving dishes, tea-pot, coffee plunger, butter dish, egg cups & bread bin.
OUR CLEANING PROTOCOL
All cleaning will be carried out using the appropriate PPE.
After guest check out we will:
- air the cottage
- empty laundry bags and wash laundry at 60 degrees or more
- spray laundry bag, sofas, cushions & curtains with disinfectant spray & leave to air
- check for personal & food items left behind
- clean, sanitise bins & put in new bin bags
- replenish Welcome Pack & sanitise containers
- dishwasher / wash kitchen kit, wipe kitchen cupboards & return kit
- clean kitchen, bathroom & loos
- dust, hoover & clean moving all items to get behind/underneath (using different cloths for different areas)
- sanitise all contact points including: drawer/cupboard/window/door/fridge/freezer/oven/dishwasher/tap/bread bin handles, light/lamp switches, hob knobs, light/shower pulls, loo flushes, stair/bath handrails, shower controls, laundry basket, iron, ironing board, hairdryer, tables, chairs, table mats, map, TV/DVD/CD remotes, fire extinguishers & blankets, kettle & toaster buttons, high chair, torch, washing up liquid, hand wash & sanitisers, cottage manual, cling film and aluminium foil boxes
- make up beds with fresh pillow & mattress protectors
- put in new bathroom towels, hand/tea towels, oven glove, dishcloth and napkins
- Replenish cleaning provisions
- sanitise keys, key safe & external door handle
- close cottage door & leave keys in key safe
- wash all cleaning cloths at 60 degrees
We, and our team would like to thank you for your co-operation in these difficult times, together we can all stay safe & well, and continue to enjoy this beautiful place!